ChemPharma® Professional Association
Bringing experienced business and technical professionals from chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life sciences, and allied industries together to foster career and personal success through sharing information and building relationships.
We network for success!
|HomeEventsNew Jersey Chapter Meeting June 14th With Speaker Lynne Williams
Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
New Jersey Chapter Meeting June 14th With Speaker Lynne Williams
Friday, June 14, 2019, 9:30 AM until 11:30 AM
35 Waterview Blvd, Ste 8
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Strategic Research-based Approaches for LinkedIn
Did you know …
- LinkedIn has over 610 million users worldwide and welcomes a new member every two seconds?
- The best time for thought leadership postings on LinkedIn to create engagement is Tuesdays between 10-11 a.m. and the best times for shares is 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m.?
- 94% of recruiters are using LinkedIn to find job candidates and they spend an average of 6 seconds looking at either a resume or a LinkedIn profile?
With statistics like these, how can you define your value proposition, optimize your LinkedIn profile, and leverage your competitive edge for career transition or career management?
This informative workshop will delve into a research-based philosophy and strategies to create a LinkedIn profile that is geared towards viewers with average attention spans of about 7 seconds. You’ll get insights into the role of cognitive neuroscience and how the evolution of the “digital brain” is central to what and how people skim online content. You’ll discover tips, tricks, and best practices to more strategically format your LinkedIn profile, optimize your use of keywords, and differentiate your personal brand.
- By attending this session, you’ll learn:
- Where in your profile to effectively incorporate keywords, including those from new job descriptions
- How to clearly brand yourself
- How to develop your “secret sauce” to stand out
- How to strategically format and streamline your profile
- When, where, and why you need to engage in thought leadership
Lynne M. Williams, BS, MA, ABD is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, an all-volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides career education and networking connections for: 1) jobseekers in career transition, including veterans and 2) employed and self-employed for career management. In addition, Lynne is also the owner of Around the Clock Executive Helper, a writer of resumes and LinkedIn profiles. Lynne presents unique research-based workshops on LinkedIn, resumes, the Applicant Tracking System, the Art of Networking In Person & Online, and other career-related, social media, and technology topics. She has done extensive doctoral research on social media applications and is a contributing author to Find Your Fit: A Practical Guide to Landing the Job You Love along with the late Dick Bolles, the author of What Color is Your Parachute?. In addition, she writes a weekly career column in Vista.Today and other publications with LinkedIn tips and more. Connect with her on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams with a personalized message.